Da Nang – one of the top 7 must-visit destinations in the world voted by TripAdvisor
Da Nang, a coastal city with famous tourist spots, hospitality, and unique local food, has made travelers immensely satisfied each time they visit. Let’s find out with Hanami Hotel Danang why Da Nang is named one of the world’s top seven attractions right now!
Da Nang has many tourist attractions
The city is home to the iconic Golden Bridge, which has sparked storms all over the world because of its unusual architecture and placement on the Ba Na Hills. Not only that, but this magnificent seaside city has previously been recognized for its stunning nature, delicious cuisine, numerous unique entertainment venues, and world-class resort system.
Da Nang Golden Bridge is a project in Da Nang’s Sun World Ba Na Hills tourist complex. This bridge sits halfway up the mountain, at an elevation of more than 1400 meters above sea level. The Golden Bridge is a source of “shock” not just because of its unusual position, but also because of its stunning architecture.
The bridge connects Marseille station to the Thien Thai flower garden and is 150 meters long with eight spans, seven supports, and two abutments. When viewed as a whole, the bridge bends as softly as a golden silk strip across the mountain, cradled by the gigantic Buddha’s hand.
The surface should be 5m wide, with a 3m pedestrian portion, and a space reserved on both sides of the bridge for flower planting. The bridge’s casing is made of a gold-emulsion-painted steel plate. The bridge railing is composed of stainless steel that has been plated with gold titanium to make it more dazzling and shimmering in the sun. The bridge deck is built of vulture wood, which is exceptionally robust and appropriate for the local weather.
The Dragon Bridge is the most unusual architecture in Vietnam and is the shortest path linking Da Nang International Airport to the city’s main roads. Not just serving as the city’s lifeline, Dragon Bridge, with its architecture resembling a dragon from the Ly Dynasty extending out to sea, is one of Da Nang’s most recognizable structures.
Dragon Bridge is the pride of the Da Nang people, because:
- The Guinness World Record for “the largest steel dragon” in the world was set by Dragon Bridge.
- ViraLnova voted it as one of the top 20 bridges in the world with the most amazing beauty.
- Dragon Bridge received the best design award – the Engineering Excellence Grand Award, awarded by the American Association of engineering companies.
- The FX Design Awards 2013 and the Lighting Design Awards 2014 named it the world’s most remarkable lighting design project.
- The International Association of Professional Lighting Designers – IALD also awarded the Danang Dragon Bridge the Special Citation Award.
Admiring Dragon Bridge spitting fire and spraying water:
Every Saturday and Sunday evening, the Dragon Bridge will spay both fire and water. If you wish to see it, you should plan to visit on two weekends; otherwise, you will only be able to glimpse its glittering and magnificent splendor at night if you visit on Mondays through Fridays.
Currently, the city has agreed on a time to spray fire and water so that everyone can easily follow and schedule the time. As a result, spraying will occur at 21:00 on Saturday, Sunday, and major holidays throughout the year.
Han River Bridge
The Han River Bridge is regarded as one of the symbols of the coastal city. Because the work has marked the transformation of Da Citadel as well as represents new vitality, youth, dynamism, and aspiration to rise. This landmark was completed thanks to the contributions of many local people here.
Visitors will see the glittering lights of the Han River Bridge at night. This image quickly reflects into the water, creating a shimmering scene to bring unforgettable experiences.
Admiring the Han River Bridge rotates:
Monday to Friday: Starting at 0:45, traffic activities will be suspended. Around 1 am is the time when the Han River Bridge rotates with a 90-degree span to reveal two paths for ships to pass. Depending on the number of ships more or less, the bridge will return to its original position at 2 am or 4 am.
Saturday and Sunday: At the weekend, the demand for tourism in Da Nang in general and visiting the Han River Bridge in particular increases dramatically. Therefore, the local government has pushed the bridge turning time earlier than usual. All traffic will be stopped at 22:45, the bridge will begin moving at 23:00. After about 60 minutes it will return to its original position.
My Khe Beach – one of the six most attractive beaches on the planet
My Khe beach is one of the six most beautiful beaches on the earth, according to Forbes magazine. The beach, which stretches for roughly 900 meters, is one of the most popular tourist destinations in Da Nang and is well-known across the city. The beach has the benefit of being close to the city center, having a vast space, gorgeous scenery, and offering full-service amenities such as hotels, restaurants, parking, fresh water bathing, umbrella rental, swimming buoys, and so on. There offers a luxury villa area with about 100 rooms near the shore, appropriate for homes and companies to resort and relax on weekends.
My Khe gives guests a serene and restful space with its brilliant blue sky, pure white sand, gradual hills, and surrounding coconut trees. Here you can participate in all kinds of services such as scuba diving, fishing, windsurfing, canoeing, paragliding, beach soccer, and others with affordable prices.
Not only was My Khe honored as one of the most beautiful beaches in the world by Forbes, but it was also named one of the most beautiful beaches in Asia by the Australian magazine – the Sunday Herald Sun.
My Khe is one of Da Nang’s most poetic landscapes, with Bac My An, Son Tra, and Ba Na Hills, and is perfect for sightseeing, swimming, and photography. It is an excellent location for individuals who wish to take in the beauty of nature at sunrise and sunset, get inspired to start the day, or unwind after a long day at work.
Son Tra Peninsula
Dubbed “the jewel of Da Nang City”, Son Tra peninsula is in Tho Quang ward, Son Tra district, with 3 sides bordering the sea, and the other side borders the city. Only about 10km northeast of the city center, Son Tra peninsula attracts tourists with its stunning huge and tiny beaches, shady woodlands, and various rich natural forest ecosystems.
Son Tra Peninsula is a complex featuring numerous well-known sceneries.
- Linh Ung Pagoda Son Tra: is the largest and most beautiful of the three Linh Ung pagodas in Da Nang. This pagoda, located at a height of 693 meters above sea level, not only has a lyrical and lovely landscape, but it also brings the sacred essence of Vietnamese Buddhism. This location is also recognized for housing our country’s largest Quan Am Buddha statue.
- A 1000-year banyan tree: Referring to the flora of Son Tra, there is a very famous thousand-year-old banyan tree. Up to now, this banyan tree has been discovered for about 800 years. It has a trunk circumference of around 10m, 26 auxiliary roots, and huge foliage, making it a natural masterpiece.
- Ghenh Bang: is a beautiful place that not many tourists know about it. The reason is that the way to Ghenh Bang is not as easy as to other places. Visitors will have to send motorbikes to conquer the steep forest road and luxuriant trees about 1km. But the reward for visitors is the unspoiled but magnificent, incredible scenery of the sea and sky, of white waves, of large and small rocks with different shapes and colors.
- Green Lake: As the name implies, Da Nang Green Lake has brilliant blue water like a giant mirror. The blue of the lake and the blue of the sky combine to create a stunning scene. The lake water in particular is so clean that you can easily see the beautiful coral reefs.
- Ban Co Peak: is a well-known check-in location for anyone visiting the Son Tra Peninsula. Ban Co Peak, located 700m above sea level, with a spectacular natural beauty reminiscent of a fairyland. In particular, it is famous for a statue of an old fairy playing the Chinese chess board with a unique Tien Sa beach mythology.
- Obama Rock Beach: also known as Da Den Beach, has recently emerged as a popular virtual dwelling location among young people. Obama Rock is not a spectacular beauty, but it preserves the untamed and tranquil beauty that nature bestows.
- Son Tra Lighthouse: Built by the French colonialists in the 50s, Son Tra Lighthouse has unique and impressive French architecture. It is also the oldest and most beautiful lighthouse in Vietnam. Located at an altitude of 223m above sea level, from the lighthouse visitors can easily admire the whole wonderful beauty of Son Tra peninsula in sight.
- Bai But: becomes an extremely familiar name not only for domestic tourists but also for foreign tourists. Dubbed the most beautiful beach in Son Tra, Bai But has the pure beauty of white sand, sunshine, blue sea, and white clouds. Coming here, visitors can rent huts, barbecue, sing and dance or participate in attractive sea games such as windsurfing, skydiving, scuba diving, and so on.
- Bai Rang: has a wild beauty bestowed by nature with undulating rocky beaches stretching on the golden sand and clear blue water. Visitors can mingle with nature, rest their souls, and make friends with the mountains and sea, which are separated from the hectic metropolis outside. You can also choose from a variety of enjoyable activities such as scuba diving, coral watching, camping, picnicking, and so on.
Marble Mountain is a masterpiece of the natural landscape that nature bestows on the land of Da Nang. With the harmonious beauty of the natural ecological area linked with spiritual and cultural life, this place is increasingly attracting tourists to visit every year.
Ngu Hanh Son is placed in a very ideal geographical location, 8 kilometers from the center of Da Nang. This is a destination for tourists on their journey to visit the lands of the Central Heritage Road such as Hue Ancient Capital – Marble Mountains – Hoi An Ancient Town – My Son Sanctuary.
Da Nang has received many awards
Recently, Da Nang, Vietnam, was named one of the top seven places in the world by the respected travel review site TripAdvisor. This category is known to be part of the “Travellers’ Choice – Best of the Best 2020” award system. According to TripAdvisor, the top places are all extremely popular with travelers, with the greatest increase in reviews and top ratings over the past year.
In this list, TripAdvisor has given praise for the culinary features and Ngu Hanh Son landmark of the coastal city: “Da Nang is very comfortable and friendly. Food tours are a popular way to experience Danang’s cuisine to the fullest. After you’ve had your fill of Quang noodles and delicious street food, go for a walk to let the meal digest by exploring the limestone caves and Buddha caves of the Marble Mountains.”
This is not the first time Da Nang has been recognized as a world tourist destination. In 2019, the famous newspaper The New York Times published a list of the 52 hottest destinations of the year, and Da Nang has officially surpassed many other famous places in the world to rank at 15. This city was also honored to be ranked first by Google on “Top Destinations in 2020” at the beginning of the year. In June 2019, Forbes added Da Nang to the list of “The most beautiful and affordable city for Foreigners”.
Other famous tourist destinations of the top 7 must-visit destinations in the world, voted by TripAdvisor
In addition to Da Nang, the following names are also at the top of the list, such as Kochi (India), Luzon (Philippines), Porto (Portugal), Porto Seguro (Brazil), Gramado (Brazil), Lombok (West Nusa Tenggara).
Hanami Hotel Danang hopes that the information in this post has helped you prepare for your forthcoming trip. Wish you a happy and enjoyable trip. See you in the following post!